Mastering Financial Pattern Recognition: Finding and Back-Testing Candlestick Patterns with Python
Amazon.com Price: $45.70 (as of 23/09/2023 11:40 PST- Details) Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Candlesticks have become a key component of platforms and charting programs for financial trading. With these charts, traders can learn underlying patterns for interpreting price action history and forecasts. This A-Z guide shows portfolio managers, quants, strategists, and analysts how to use Python to recognize, scan, trade, and back-test the profitability of candlestick patterns.
Financial author, trading consultant, and institutional market strategist Sofien Kaabar shows you how to create a candlestick scanner and indicator so you can compare the profitability of these patterns. With this hands-on book, you’ll also explore a new type of charting system similar to candlesticks, as well as new patterns that have never been presented before.
With this book, you will:
- Create and understand the conditions required for classic and modern candlestick patterns
- Learn the market psychology behind them
- Use a framework to learn how back-testing trading strategies are conducted
- Explore different charting systems and understand their limitations
- Import OHLC historical FX data in Python in different time frames
- Use algorithms to scan for and reproduce patterns
- Learn a pattern’s potential by evaluating its profitability and predictability